Finn and the Swirly Spin is a five-reel, five rows slot machine with 10 paylines.
With only six symbols on the reels in the entire game, Finn and the Swirly Spin is easier to get to grips with than most slot games. The makers of the game, Net Entertainment, have included your typical Irish icons such as the four-leaf clover and a horseshoe. Finn and Swirly Spin takes you onto Emerald Island with a magical leprechaun out to reward you with plenty of bonus features.
The wild symbol is represented by a gold star, which can be generated by wins that contain no wilds. Wilds that help create a win will then explode and remove all adjacent symbols in their path. Extra wilds, symbol destructions with an avalanche and symbol transformations can all be gained in four randomly triggered base game features. The Irish luck-themed game offers avalanches when you win on consecutive spins.
The four base games are as follows:
- Dragon Destroy: Destroys a random number of symbols and gives you another avalanche
- Irish Luck: Horizontal or vertical line of one type of symbol is added, giving you a guaranteed win
- Magic Transform: Transforms all space and heart symbols into higher paying symbols
- Starfall Wilds: Adds 2-5 more wilds to the reels
Symbols on the reels include four-leaf clovers, lucky horseshoes, rubies, acorns, hearts and spades. The rubies are the highest-paying symbol, giving you 50x your stake for five on a payline. Payouts can be compromised of any horizontal or vertical line of three or more of the same symbol.
Following a winning combination the contributing symbols are destroyed but the remaining ones fall into the vacated spaces. Symbols from the higher numbered spaces move to the next lowest numbers space meaning you can win again and again with each ensuing spin.
Finn and Swirly Spin is available on all devices – desktop, tablet and mobile from several online casinos, including: https://games.paddypower.com/game/finn-and-the-swirly-spin-gnt. Bets start from 10p and can go up to £200 per spin.
Should a Free Spins Key scatter symbol appear in the centre after all wins have taken place you will be rewarded with free spins. There are four to choose from. They are accessible by collecting a certain number of keys. They are as follows:
- Golden Pot (16 keys): Two free spins that transform all space/heart symbols into a higher value symbol with each free spin
- Lava Lair (4 keys): Three fee spins with a random number of symbols destroyed with each to assist you with a win and another avalanche
- Lucky Mug (9 keys): Four free spins with a horizontal or vertical line of one type of symbol which guarantees wins on every spin
- Star Bar (1 key): Seven free spins with 2-5 wilds added with every spin
Overall, Finn and the Swirly Spin is a simple slot machine that is easy to pick up. It’s unique and innovative so certainly worth playing whether you’re new or experienced with slot games. Those who are fans of Starburst and Gonzo’s Quest slot games in particular may be keen to check this game out.