Tomorrow I’m flying to The Philippines from South Korea (by the time this is read I will already be there). And I am in the strangest of moods. Usually, when I’m about to explore a new country I feel like a kid the night before christmas and can’t sleep at all. However on this occasion, [...]
The awkward silence is killing me. The negative, sombre energy proves to be a bitter cherry on top of a very sad cake. I make an untimely joke and it only makes the atmosphere worse. She reaches out her hand across the table to mine to give it one last squeeze. I reciprocate and for [...]
It was a Sunday morning, my alarm clock went off and I sprang out of bed in a: “zipp-ah dee doo dah, zip a dee aaaay, my oh my, what a wonderful daaay” kind of fashion. Those close to me will not believe that last sentence as I’m usually completely incoherent first thing in the [...]
Back in May last year, I joined the cult that is ‘minimalist travel’ and decided to see what life would be like travelling with carry-on luggage only, as a three month challenge (and ended up doing five). Like any other religious organisation – I became indoctrinated quickly into the regime and committed my allegiance to [...]
It’s that time of year again on Sunday, when our brothers from over the water will don green, drink and sing and be merry as they celebrate in inebriated style all things Irish. And that really depresses me. I don’t have anything against the Irish – I actually find the accent incredibly sexy and I’d [...]
On November 20th, 2010 – Man took on a clock counting down from one year – with the aim to leave England, debt-free of £16, 000 and to fly on a one-way ticket to an indefinite adventure around the world, before the clock ticked down to zero. On November 13th, 2011 – Man beat the [...]
For the last three months I have flown internationally and domestically between mainland Malaysia, Borneo, Thailand, Burma and Cambodia – with only a 30 litre backpack (it’s actually a laptop bag). There were many reasons why I took this challenge and it’s definitely been an interesting and exigent test to my journey. It’s not all [...]
When it comes to movies I like to think I’m pretty open-minded, however if I were to be honest and you asked me to name my all-time favourites – they’d be very much in the category of “Man movies.” There’s a part of me that is deep, transparent and emotive, yet I’m also extremely comfortable [...]
Fellow backpackers of the world; how much of the stuff that protrudes from your 80 litre pack, do you actually use, or need? I’ve seen many of you, with your hunchback, map in hand and a painful grimace- as that bead of sweat drips down your back in the blistering heat. It doesn’t look very [...]
Last November, I confirmed from a duty-free island in Malaysia that I would not let a drop of alcohol touch my lips for at least six months. The response was very mixed, ranging from the surprising to the absolutely absurd. Some acted like my life would literally crumble! The most surprising part for myself was [...]
- Plastic Surgery in Thailand, a Cancer Scare, Broke and an Untimely Erection April 20, 2012
- New Challenge: Six Months Abstinence From Alcohol In South East Asia November 23, 2011
- Rescued (& Almost Killed) in The Land of Smiles December 19, 2011
- I’ve Booked A One-Way Ticket Out Of England To… July 28, 2011
- New Challenge: Man Vs World’s Highest Bungee Jump October 16, 2013
- My 3 Months Experiment as a Vegetarian Traveller October 8, 2013
- Middleton’s Monday Musings: Are You Hanging Out With Friends Who Call You Out? September 8, 2013
- Is Having a Favourite Country Actually a BAD Thing? September 4, 2013
- The Pro's And Cons Of Spontaneous Travel -: […] I announced and completed what is so far...
- Travel Makes Me Tick: Thailand has nothing on Malaysia as far as I'm co...
- Travel with the Black Dog: My Battle with DepressionAussie on the Road: […] I’m going to quit drinking. [̷...
- Movies That Make You Want to Travel -: […] Watch main man Sam Worthington’s chara...