On November 20th, 2010 – Man took on a clock counting down from one year – with the aim to leave England, debt-free of £16, 000 and to fly on a one-way ticket to an indefinite adventure around the world, before the clock ticked down to zero. On November 13th, 2011 – Man beat the [...]
I receive quite a lot of emails nowadays from starry-eyed traveller wannabe’s, asking me where the ‘best’ place is, to go and get away from the daily grind. I’m usually a little disappointed that I can’t help them (yet) because since I left English shores, it’s been more work than play. However after last week, [...]
A few months ago I suffered a travel bloggers conundrum; I had severe writers block and I really hadn’t been anywhere that exciting to write about. I don’t want to write the generic “top 10 things to do in Bangkok/Chiang Mai” type of posts on my blog. They do serve a purpose, but that’s just [...]
“Why the hell are you still in Chiang Mai” was the question asked by many ardent travellers. That’s a fair inquiry. I see travellers come and go here all the time, none of them stay longer than two weeks max and when asked this question – I was approaching the four months mark. Why aren’t [...]
This cute Burmese toddler melts my heart every time I see her. Today she decided she wanted not only my hat, but my flip-flops too! Too gorgeous SHARE Spread the love, by clicking them buttons below.
*Edit – my feelings have changed massively on this subject since this was posted.* Tiger Kingdom in Chiang Mai is one of the most popular tourist destinations within the city. Everyone who has visited Tiger Kingdom has at some point shamelessly created the generic Facebook profile picture, with themselves in an embrace with one of [...]
I LOVE this photo. What I love about it the most, is the message behind it. I’m from a first world country and I was born in a peculiar generation that has seen vast transformation. I had to use my imagination as a child, but since my teens the world has advanced rapidly with technology [...]
They say a picture paints a thousand words and Aiste has put together a collection of beautiful smiles from her time in Thailand. Which one is your favourite? “Tonsay Bay in Thailand is one of those places where you understand what “a land of a thousand smiles” actually means. People are happy, relaxed and say [...]
On Christmas Eve I dropped my last-minutes plans, when given a personal invite to a Muay Thai Kickboxing tournament by the promoter of Chiang Mai’s ‘Taephae Boxing Stadium.’ I’m a pacifist at heart, in the sense that I think fighting in pubs and clubs is just plain stupid. (why would you want to punch someones [...]
I fidget in the back seat of the taxi. I reread the same page in my Kindle for the fourth time, completely unable to comprehend the writing in the story. I glance at my watch for the 5th time in a minute. I’m antsy, I’m restless and I’m about to be late for my sleeper [...]
- Plastic Surgery in Thailand, a Cancer Scare, Broke and an Untimely Erection April 20, 2012
- New Challenge: Six Months Abstinence From Alcohol In South East Asia November 23, 2011
- Rescued (& Almost Killed) in The Land of Smiles December 19, 2011
- I’ve Booked A One-Way Ticket Out Of England To… July 28, 2011
- New Challenge: Man Vs World’s Highest Bungee Jump October 16, 2013
- My 3 Months Experiment as a Vegetarian Traveller October 8, 2013
- Middleton’s Monday Musings: Are You Hanging Out With Friends Who Call You Out? September 8, 2013
- Is Having a Favourite Country Actually a BAD Thing? September 4, 2013
- Justin: that must have been tough anthony, fair play thoug...
- teen riding cock: I used to be advised this site by using this uncle...
- The Pro's And Cons Of Spontaneous Travel -: […] I announced and completed what is so far...
- Travel Makes Me Tick: Thailand has nothing on Malaysia as far as I'm co...