There is little that is more romantic than arriving at a boutique resort on the beautiful Fijian island of Bequ. Soft ocean breezes, crystal blue waters and the promise of a serene, luxurious stay in an adults-only setting was enchanting. The catch? I arrived with my travel buddy straight into a group of honeymooners and [...]
There is no better way to see a city than from above, and in the case of Queenstown that is certainly no exception. When I learned that the famous Skyline Queenstown offered that view of the city and Lake Wakatipu, I knew I had to experience it for myself. But the icing on my adrenaline junkie [...]
Whale watching is an activity that can be experienced in many places around the world. These, and other, sea mammals live in relatively close proximity to portions of the earth that human inhabit, but seeing them can sometimes prove tricky. That’s when you enlist the help of the experts to aid in your cetacean pursuit. [...]
For my latest challenge against the clock, I’m going vegetarian for a quarter of the year whilst backpacking throughout Asia. I could write a zillion words post explaining my reasons for doing this and hope that you care enough to read. Alternatively, I’ve manifested an imaginary interview in my head, with questions from cool celebrities [...]
It was a Sunday morning, my alarm clock went off and I sprang out of bed in a: “zipp-ah dee doo dah, zip a dee aaaay, my oh my, what a wonderful daaay” kind of fashion. Those close to me will not believe that last sentence as I’m usually completely incoherent first thing in the [...]
BOOM. Flashback: I slumped at my desk and reread my unsavoury email that I was about to send. High emotions clouded any hope for logic and justification levels became devastatingly impenetrable. Tempers between the two of us had finally reached boiling point, resulting in a breakdown of communication, and I was about to send a [...]
Hey Since I left the UK a year and a half ago and completed the biggest challenge of all, (getting the hell out of the place, to travel this big and sexy world) – my challenges against the clock have been a little shy. Man Vs Clock is an accountability tool for me and a [...]
Last November, whilst living in Cambodia – I decided to be nice and finally meet up with an eager fellow Englishman who had been stalking the shit out of me since the birth of Man Vs Clock. Apparently the artist formally known as ‘Gonzo,’ the anti-travel blogger was “just passing by” after spending half a [...]
Back in May last year, I joined the cult that is ‘minimalist travel’ and decided to see what life would be like travelling with carry-on luggage only, as a three month challenge (and ended up doing five). Like any other religious organisation – I became indoctrinated quickly into the regime and committed my allegiance to [...]
Newsflash: The cliché is true – nice guys really do finish last. I know it because I’ve been there and I have the footprints on my back to prove it. “So what are you saying? We should be mean to everyone who we come into human contact with, instead of being polite and lovely,” I [...]
- Plastic Surgery in Thailand, a Cancer Scare, Broke and an Untimely Erection April 20, 2012
- New Challenge: Six Months Abstinence From Alcohol In South East Asia November 23, 2011
- Rescued (& Almost Killed) in The Land of Smiles December 19, 2011
- I’ve Booked A One-Way Ticket Out Of England To… July 28, 2011
- New Challenge: Man Vs World’s Highest Bungee Jump October 16, 2013
- My 3 Months Experiment as a Vegetarian Traveller October 8, 2013
- Middleton’s Monday Musings: Are You Hanging Out With Friends Who Call You Out? September 8, 2013
- Is Having a Favourite Country Actually a BAD Thing? September 4, 2013
- The Pro's And Cons Of Spontaneous Travel -: […] I announced and completed what is so far...
- Travel Makes Me Tick: Thailand has nothing on Malaysia as far as I'm co...
- Travel with the Black Dog: My Battle with DepressionAussie on the Road: […] I’m going to quit drinking. [̷...
- Movies That Make You Want to Travel -: […] Watch main man Sam Worthington’s chara...